Health Library Explorer
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z A-Z Listings Contact Us
Related Reading

Stroke: Resources and Support

After being released from rehab, your loved one may need ongoing therapy or nursing care. Talk with a social worker or case manager about planning for care and local sources of support.

Planning for home care
Healthcare provider taking man's blood pressure at home.
In some cases, health care providers can make home visits.

  • A nurse may come and check his or her blood pressure.

  • A physical therapist may help with exercises. The therapist will often show him or her and family members certain exercises that can be done without supervision.

  • Speech and occupational therapists can help the whole family communicate and handle tasks of daily living better.

Adult day care

You may be afraid to leave your loved one alone. Adult day care facilities can provide supervision if you need time away during the day. They also give your loved one a chance to be with other people.

Other resources

You can also check your phone book and the internet for other resources. Try the following listings:

Online Medical Reviewer: Foster, Sara, RN, MPH
Online Medical Reviewer: Gandelman, Glenn, MD, MPH
Date Last Reviewed: 6/8/2015
© 2000-2016 The StayWell Company, LLC. 780 Township Line Road, Yardley, PA 19067. All rights reserved. This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. Always follow your healthcare professional's instructions.
Our Mission: Striving to provide the best health care to every patient, every day.       © 2014 CAMC Health System, Inc.